Sunday, May 25, 2014

Wishes on a Sunny Day

As I sit here within miles of gorgeous Lake Winnebago I day dream of being on it. Yes, I would like to be on Lake Winnebago right now. Or on the beach basking in the sun. Or swimming in it. I really don't care at this point. We walked by it and it is gorgeous and I just want to be out and about on this lovely day.


See? Isn't that pretty? Don't you just want to lay out your towel and soak up the sun while reading a good book? I sure do. But present company doesn't want to, which is fine. I'm kind of surprised I got them out long enough to go to the lake, but that is an entirely different story. So with this lovely weather I have been making a wish list. Most of these things are pretty practical, but with financial situations and a not so fabulous start to a job hunt I can't really have all these things. But here it is, my sunny day wish list:


  • A bike. I have never in my life been without a bike. Even when I was living at my mom's she would let me use her bike. Or when I lived 5 miles away from her I was told I could use her bike. It was a fantastic thing. I love biking. Sadly, I am now without a bike in a fairly bike friendly area. There are bike trails all over the place, and I just want to hop on a bike and go. It's really sad that I can't have one right now. Too spendy.
  • Nice balcony furniture is on my list. Yea....I think this means I'm old. We have chairs for sitting around a bonfire or at a parade. We fold them up when we're done and just put them away by the door. It works fine, but I want like actual chairs and I want a table. It doesn't have to be expensive or fancy, but I want it. I have been spending a lot more time reading my books out there and I want to set a drink on something or bring a snack out with me. I also want to take full advantage of the balcony, which apparently is not something people around here do. I swear I have never seen anyone sitting on their balcony.
  • I also want plants of some sort on my balcony. Nothing fancy, just some flowers or something. I think that pictures works for both of these old people wishes that I apparently have. If you wish to send me these things please refer to my Pinterest :)
  • A kayak! Is this another old person thing? I don't think so. Anyway, this could easily be stored in my garage (the people across from us have some stashed in their garage). This would be an excellent way for me to get on the water and to get exercise and enjoy the great outdoors. I could get some sun (which seriously brightens my mood. I am not joking when I say I have seasonal depression as I have found out) and enjoy this gorgeous world God has created. That and I could kayak race Jake. So yea...we'd need two. But I suppose I could make friends and those friends could have a couple kayaks. I'd be ok with that.
  • A BOAT! Ok, this may not be the most practical one. So I'll settle for friends with a boat. I literally only want it for boating. I don't care about fishing or tubing at all. I just want to drive around a lake, find different spots to get out and chill, and get back in to drive around again. I just love that part of boating sooo much. I would have LOVED to be on the lake today. 
  • A non-lifeguard suit! You have no idea how badly I want this. I literally only have one-piece lifeguarding suits. I'm not saying I want the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini, but I want someone that doesn't give me the lifeguard tan (ohhh man, I'm gunna miss that tan). But since that's all I have that is what I will be laying out at the pool in this week. Oh well, I can't complain too much because I do have a suit, but it's just been so long since I've owned a non-guard suit. And I want to do that, so bad. One day...

Ok...so this list isn't as cool as it should be. I just want to enjoy the sunshine. Sadly, I am no longer doing that and only was out and about for maybe an hour or two. Maybe I should make friends... I have a feeling Jake won't be all for days at the beach. Oh well. 

Later Wisconsin!


yea...I'm obsessed with this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment