Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Progress, I think

Hey all!

I suppose the title pretty much sums up what I am writing about today. I don't want you to get the wrong idea though...I do not yet have a job. Yes, a bit of a bummer, but I think there is still some progress happening. It's a bit of a story, but I definitely feel it needs to be shared. I know a lot of people have been thinking of me, praying for me, sending me leads (ok...that's just my mom), and sending me general well wishes. I think it's only fair to update you all on stuff (and if I see you back home at graduation business we can further discuss life and all its ups and downs in person).

So it's been a week since I quit my job. Only a week, but I feel like I have applied for everything under the sun, even though I probably haven't. I am sure there is more to apply for. I think eventually it all starts to sound the same but it is just in a different location, but what do I know? Anyway, I just think you all should know that I have not once regretted my decision. If there is any sort of regret happening it is just that I am not making any money. And if that is all that I was in for I should probably find something else, because daycare work is for the benefit of the kids (or it should be) and not for the money (which is pretty evident if you have ever worked at a daycare and looked at your paycheck). I feel it was the right decision, though that does not make the job hunt any less stressful.

So basically I've been applying for jobs that are office work mostly, with one library job in the Music Resource Center at UW Oshkosh (fingers crossed...I kinda liked that one but haven't heard anything yet. Though it only closed on Monday). I've been getting a lot of rejection emails. I was rejected, yet again, by the Appleton Public Library (yea...I cried a little. Clearly it worked way too well into my plan in my head but not the plan that is actually for me) as well as a few others (ohhh wait until I decide to write about the worst interview I've ever had in my life...no names of organizations will be given out due to the fact that I still love it, and am happy not to work there). So this week has been a bit of the same old same old. I have been applying and getting notice that they have it all and not hearing back or getting a rejection. It's been hard, and today has been a bit of a tipping point. I have never felt so frustrated or defeated. I have been in tears a good portion of the day today. It's been rough. Its been hard to calm myself and to focus on the things I should be doing today, even if its just that the laundry needs to be done. I have been struggling, and I've only been unemployed a week. Kind of ridiculous. Well, I have always been told there's only one thing that should be done at this point. I knew it was time to pray. Time to seriously just take myself away from it all and have some one-on-one time. It'd not that I don't do this ever, but sometimes I procrastinate doing it. Well as I'm sobbing and praying I get a phone call from a number I do not know. Hello impromptu phone interview! Did it go well? Ha ha....uhm not really. I mean I tried my hardest to sound confident, but in all honesty...I didn't really research the company (oops!) so I knew very little. She was very nice about it and told me what to research in case I get called in for an actual interview, but let's just say it was clear that my mother is really hoping that one of her children pursues a career in the financial business or something...it was a bit over my head. I appreciate you sending it to me though mom! It kind of came at an important time for me.

The way I see it...that phone call was not necessarily my future job calling me. If it is, I would be surprised because that is not a career path I completely understand. I think it was God's way of showing me that I am not forgotten and I am not being passed over. I have so many applications out there and so many resumes out there, and its kind of feeling like people are just not looking at mine at all and just sending rejections. But I have so many that have not been responded to yet, and I really feel like God was reminding me that he listens and that it's coming. Patience. I need patience. Trust. I need to trust. I am not forgotten, and I think that's what that phone call was. I am actually confident that is what it was. I will not be completely disappointed if that does not result in an interview in person, because I don't quite think that's what was being communicated (but BONUS if it does!). It's just crazy how He answers prayers, and how He shows you that He is there and has not forgotten about you and what you have going on in your life. It's a pretty amazing feeling.

So that's it. That's my update. I think it's progress in a way that I wasn't expecting. God has so much to teach me, and this was just one of those moments. I am so thankful and grateful for all of you! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. This move has not been easy, and I think I can speak for both of us. But it means so much to know I have all your support back home. Please continue to pray for us. We're getting somewhere, I know it.

This song has become a fast favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment