Sunday, January 13, 2013

I think I'll move to Stars Hollow

Yea...I've been on a Gilmore Girls kick lately it seems. I really enjoyed that show, and still do. The fact that the library happens to own all the seasons makes it that much more accessible (minus the fact that the season that I need next was recently checked out and not due back until the 25th. Lame). So as I have watched the Gilmores and the small town drama I decided that, if it did exist, I would move to Stars Hollow. Why, you may ask:

1. Small towns are kind of fun. First off, Stars Hollow seems to be conveniently close to many larger towns. I mean they technically only talk about Hartford being close, but then suddenly Harvard isn't THAT far away and many other places as well. Then there's the small town gossip. The gossip they have there is awesome. Everything travels so fast, and everyone is in everyone's business, but their "secrets" tend to be pretty lame (for the most part). For some reason I would love to be a part of that not so intense town gossip. The stuff I hear around here is more like so and so divorced so and so and the reason why. Don't care. I guess I am saying it's all so ridiculous and not too trashy and I want to be a part of it.


2. Now I'm going with the assumption that all the characters and places would be the same. So of course I would want to know Rory and Lorelai and all of that fun stuff, but I'm pretty sure eating at Luke's would be the best. I could become a regular, and apparently the coffee there is the best ever (since that's essentially all they drink) so I may actually love coffee. Sounds like a legitimate reason, right?


3. Kirk's topical t-shirts (season 3, for all you Gilmore Girls lovers). I would love a shirt that said that Babette ate oatmeal, ohhh or the Faux Poes Foes shirt. I feel like I would have a hard time not buying his topical t-shirts. Such a killer business he could have.


4. Kirk in general. Kirk is one of the most entertaining characters. You honestly never really understand him and I love that. He is the entertainment in many situations without really knowing it. And his interpretive dancing skills, wonderful. Oh my goodness, I need to stop sitting in my house so much watching this tv show.

5. Town meetings! The whole town gets together and meets about stupid things like too many deer, and the birds pooping on the streetlights. I don't know if I would want to be directly involved in these meetings, but I would definitely want to be a spectator. 


I am sure there are more reasons. But for now that's all I can think of. If you wish that I go on please speak with me personally and I will add to the list.

For some reason this town just seems so fun. Everyone knows everyone (you think I would be sick of that by this point in my life don't you?) and everyone seems to socialize with everyone. There are all these town festivals and functions that you are not entirely sure why they have them, but as a viewer I want to be a part of it.

If only Stars Hollow existed.

I should probably take a break from Gilmore Girls for awhile, shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment