Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's all happening so quickly.

So....guess who's moving....in three days..

Yep, I am. I'm moving about 4 and a half hours away from my hometown. I've been saying my goodbyes (though we ALL know that I'll be back to visit. I'm not just going to leave this area and never come back. I don't think that's possible.) and I've finished up at my job and have been packing all week so that we're reading to load up and head out on FRIDAY. This has seriously been the longest/shortest week ever. There's so much I want to do, but don't have time. And yet there's so much I have to do that I'm running out of time for. It's crazy. I honestly can't accurately explain what is all going on in my head. I'm so excited, yet I'm also pretty sad to be leaving. It's not easy to leave what's familiar. And, let's be honest, it's pretty rare for anyone from our area of small towns to move more than an hour or two away. Seriously, I tell people where I'm moving and they are absolutely shocked that I could ever move that far (which doesn't always help my nerves, but I understand that they don't mean their response to be that way.). It's hard, because I'm leaving so much behind. I'd be lying if I said that I haven't spent a good portion of the last week crying for various reasons.

I've been comfortable here. I've loved my jobs, even if they were part time. I loved being close to my family and my husband's family. They've been so helpful, especially when Jake was gone at all of his military training. Honestly, he and I have hardly lived together over the past year and both of our families have been so helpful. I have some amazing friends in this area (but, let's be honest. We're GOING to make this whole distance thing work. DUH.). I have my own routine with my Zumba class (which I am SO sad about leaving), my church, my favorite small town cafe, and everything else around here. It's so hard to leave. But, I'm starting to think that maybe I'm too comfortable. I feel like I'm not really moving anywhere, and that's why I think this move is SO important for me. I think I need to be pushed out of that comfort zone a bit (or a lot. Let's be honest, getting pushed out of your home state is kind of scary). There's something out there for me, and this move is definitely the start of it. I have never felt the presence of God in my life more than I do now. I mean the move has come together fairly smoothly. We found our apartment quickly. We found a rather large supply of boxes. It was an easy transition out of both of my jobs, and at one of the libraries they found someone right away that could transition right in (which was a little hard to see, I have to admit. I was so glad to see that they wouldn't be struggling to fill it and she is super nice and will be a great fit, but is it ever fun to meet your replacement? No). I have been getting so much support from friends and family as I struggle to pack and getting everything in order for it. You all seriously have no idea how much of a blessing you have been. Whether you have been bringing me coffee, working out with me, or just hanging out with me and giving me a packing break...it has all been a HUGE blessing to me. Thank you so much.

I guess I mostly wanted to update to kind of give reasoning as to why we were moving besides Jake's job. I sometimes worry that people think I just follow him around like a puppy or something. Some of the people have looked less than convinced that I was for this move when I told them, and I guess I kind of want it all set straight. I seriously feel like this is a huge God thing, and it will be so good for us. I am so excited, but I am definitely getting pretty emotional about it as well. I mean I grew up here. I have a friends and family here. There are so many memories of my dad, and I can't say that I haven't been scared that those memories will feel less real when I'm not here. I mean, even the street I live on now holds memories of him. That's been weighing on me pretty heavily lately, which seems silly I know. I know it's a ridiculous thing to even think about, but it's definitely crossed my mind. I know it'll all be ok. I will definitely miss this small town. I mean, on Monday I had to run errands in town and all I had to do was walk a block to city hall and continue down Main Street just finishing each errand. I can just walk to Area 57 and grab a lunch, and normally they know exactly what I want. Or if I walk in and look confused they know exactly what I'll like. I have Jake's family 4 blocks away. My family is about 5 miles away (well except for those darn siblings of mine, but college will do that). I have friends within 20 minutes of my house (though...now they'll be at least 4 and half hours...). I live an hour away from the Twin Cities and those fantastic MN Twins that I will NEVER stop cheering for (sometimes I just don't cheer as loudly and offer constructive criticism. And yes, me saying "Just bench Plouffe already" definitely counts as constructive criticism...right???). This is all new, and it's not the easiest. But I know for a fact that God doesn't always make things easy, but when He has a plan it's going to work out exactly how He intends it to.

So now I just want to thank you all. To all those that have been praying for us, helping us, and encouraging us...thank you so much. You have been such a blessing for us during this process. Thank you so much. Please keep us in your prayers. I still need a job, and it's going to be a definite adjustment for both of us. But we encourage visitors (once we get unpacked and stuff obviously)! And we have a lot of different occasions to be back for throughout the coming year, or we can create occasions for me to come back for. I am actually going to attempt to keep this fairly up to date. I know, shocker. I just realize that I am moving away from pretty much everyone I know, so I would love to be able to keep you up to date on how things are going in the land of cheese. But feel free to keep in touch with me too! Facebook me. Email me. Call me. Text me. Facetime me. Snapchat me. Skype me. Seriously, with technology these days we have so many ways to keep in contact, we just have to make a little time in our schedules to do so. Or we could get creative and go all Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, except maybe not with pants. I was a little weirded out that a pair of jeans just magically fit four completely different girls. And that they would send it all over the world to feel close to their best friends. And that they wouldn't wash them because they were scared to lose the magic. I love the sentiment behind it. I love that story in general, but really...pants?

That's pretty much all I have to say in that area. I can't promise that future blog posts will be interesting. They might be what I'm reading, what TV show I love, how much cheese I've eaten (I am moving to Wisconsin...that's a thing they do right and not just a stereotype?), random ridiculous thoughts or maybe slightly serious thoughts. Who knows where this will go. But my goal for this move is to keep in touch. Because it is entirely possible these days, and we just have to make a little time for it. We make time for so many pointless things during the day, and the fact that we waste time staring at monitors and playing games that can wait over trying to stay in touch with others is ridiculous. Being busy with actual things is understandable, but being busy keeping up what that Bieber kid is doing now a days is not (unrelated, I haven't heard much. Has he decided to stop acting like and idiot and grow up? I sure hope so).

Well, I'm going to attempt to catch up on The Voice so that next week I can be on schedule with it since I WILL HAVE TV! I am pretty excited for that. Not because I'm addicted to TV, but because there have been things (BASEBALL, and other live events) that I really wish I could have seen that night instead of a day or two after the fact. Thank you all so much.

I really love Emeli Sande lately. Her songs are really well done, and most have a fairly positive message. And in the days of Beyonce saying that being a sex object is a positive thing I find this really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment