Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Deserted Island

I really wanted to do another Throwback Thursday last week, since diving through all those old music videos was really fun and got me all nostalgic. Alas, I was way too sick for that. I honestly couldn't even compose a thought. I am finally feeling better though, and am more than happy to do this weeks Top Ten Tuesday (thank you The Broke and the Bookish). This week's top ten: top ten characters I'd want on a deserted island with me.
Ok, this is no easy task. Basically these are just the first that come to my mind. I tried to go 5 males and 5 females (because I do not want to be trapped on a deserted island with 10 other females, not matter who they are. Can you imagine the drama? And being trapped with 10 males would just make me feel awkward...). Ok, so here it goes. No judgements please. This could easily change.

1) Katniss- Duh. She can hunt and she is typically pretty smart and thinks about what she's doing (typically, I did say typically). She knows a lot of basic life skills, so if we were stuck on this island she could definetely help us trying to form some sort of system as far as surviving there. Her experience living in district 12 as well as being in the hunger games would be super useful.

2) Finnick- First off, I can't stand Peeta! UGH! And I do like Gale, but I'd think he'd be a bit dramatic and such. Finnick is an excellent swimmer, and can spear fish. He also is quick on his feet and has survived a few hunger games. I think he's really work well with us, and he and Katniss had more of a friendship, which is helpful since she clearly doesn't know how to function in a relationship.

3) Hermoine- Obviously super smart, and can apply her smarts to every day life. I mean, did you pay attention in the 7th book? She was awesome. She is a planner, which would help us in daily survival. Plus, having someone that can work magic would be awesome. That and she could probably apparate us off of the deserted island.

4) Neville- OH NO, I'm breaking up the 3 musketeers. I love Harry and Ron, but they always get in little tiffs and I don't need that on my deserted island. I'm sure they'll find us eventually. But Neville...he's so cool. He's pretty normal, and has an extensive knowledge of plants and all sorts of things in the subject matter of herbology. I think that would be incredibly useful. That and he was pretty awesome in the last Harry Potter book, so why wouldn't he be awesome here?

5) Scarlett/Will Scarlet (from the Scarlet Series by A.C. Gaughen. Haven't read it? That's unfortunate and you should change that)-Scarlet is awesome. She's sneaky, so you would have to keep an eye on that, but it could also work in our advantage. She's quick on her feet and can easily scout out good spots for us to set up camp. She has experience living off of the land a little bit, and that would also come in great use here. She has excellent ideas that we could use each day.

6) Robin Hood (from that same series. Seriously, check it out)- Robin is pretty much always doing stuff with Scarlet. They have a history of constantly having each other's back, and they are very trustworthy. Robin and Scarlet work well together too, so as far as scouting and stuff goes I think we'd be in good shape. They also can hunt and can read the land a bit. I think this would be good.

7) June (from the Legend Series by Marie Lu. Another one you should check out if you haven't. It's fantastic. I liked it more than the Hunger Games, but please don't tell Katniss or Finnick)- June is one tough chick. She has extensive military training and has had to track down people and use it in a wide variety of settings. She has seen a lot, so the things we could come up against in a deserted island wouldn't shock her too much. She is smart, and thinking of all the possibilities for whatever she may be about to do. She's smart in a way that a lot of the other characters I've picked so far are not, which we would need.

8) Day (from that same series. Yes...READ IT)- He also works well with June. He has lived with much less than her, and with a lot more to lose. He is used to living with little, and knows the best way to make the most out of a little. He is also smart in similar ways as June, and I think it would be helpful to have those smarts in both a male and female (let's be honest, males and females think differently...so having two heads in on all kinds of strategy would be much more helpful than just one.).

9) Yelena (from Poison Study by Maria Snyder. I just read this one, and think it's also worth a read)- She is a strong woman that came from some rough stuff in her past. She knows what poisons taste like, so that could be helpful (no one said there was no possibility of getting poisoned on this island). She would also know what goes into poisons (she's read a lot of books) as well as many other things that relate to poison, magic, and various military-like things. She is smart and can easily get out of a sticky situation.

10) DEADPOOL (from the graphic novels, duh)- Yes, you read that right. Because when all else fails Deadpool can get his way out of ANYTHING, and I mean anything. If you haven't read the graphic novels you really should. Plus he seems to always been entertaining. I would be totally ok with him being on the island with us. I'd be sure we'd have tacos and all would be good. Plus, he'd probably leave us pretty quickly.

side note: I did not put Valek from Poison Study on this list. If you read the books you would know, he is always close behind....

So that's it. That's my list that I could come up with right now. I'm pretty happy with my selections, though I know there are lots of other I could add.

(Deadpool understands....)

No comments:

Post a Comment